Friday, March 20, 2009

Only one more week...

I only have a week left before the fundraising party. I'm no where NEAR ready for it, either! There is still just so much left that needs to be done by Thursday night. This fundraiser is for my daughter. She is trying to raise money to go to the International Key Club Convention in Dallas, Texas this summer. She has to raise $1800.00 to go. So far she has $123.00. Still has a long way to go.

Anyway, she has been invited to give a speech at the sponsoring Kiwanis Lunch on the same day as the party. That happens at 12pm and then the party is at 6:30pm. So I really want to have everything done and ready to go by the time I leave here for the Lunch. I'm hoping that maybe some of the members may have some ideas on how to help her raise some of this money that she needs. So far she is just selling the jewelry. She has tried to sell some AVON as a fundraiser, but that isn't going very well. She may do some Tupperware later, but I have to get with the lady to get the books for that still.

My kitchen is just about done (again!). I need to wipe down the counters and appliances, clean the windows and ceiling fan, and do the floor. But the dishes are done and the cobwebs have been removed. The living room only needs to be tidied and vacuumed, and a quick dusting. The bathroom still needs to be completely cleaned, as do the girls' bedrooms. There will be several kids here, so I want the girls to be able to have the others in their rooms without embarrassment! LOL I would like for DH to mow the yard before the party, but the lawnmower needs some maintenance before he can do that, so I doubt that is going to happen. He is the world's WORST procrasstinator! LOL

Well, time to get back to work on the house! The clock is ticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment