Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lack of Motivation...

I have been suffering from a severe lack of motivation lately. I can't seem to get up the energy to get anything done. Because of this, the kitchen has gone right back to where I started from. And I don't like it!

Now I HAVE to get this stuff done! I am hosting a fundrasier party in my home on the 27th. That means that my home needs to be looking REALLY good by then. And once it's looking really good, I have to KEEP it that way. So I'm going to list here, all the things that I need to get done. Maybe that will help to motivate and inspire me. I'm going to list things by room, and I will work in one room each day. Hopefully I can complete each room in a day. Shouldn't be too difficult, right? Don't forget that I'm a SHE that is addicted to my computer! LOL

KITCHEN
  • dishes
  • counters
  • cabinets
  • stove top
  • stove front
  • dishwasher front
  • fridge front
  • top of fridge
  • windows
  • table
  • bar
  • trash
  • hoosier cabinet
  • floor
  • fan

LIVING ROOM

  • fan
  • blinds
  • windows
  • bookshelves
  • air hockey table
  • computer desk
  • lamp table
  • mantle
  • fish tank
  • dust
  • trash
  • clothes/toys/books
  • movies
  • vacuum
  • storage things to basement

KIDS BATHROOM/LAUNDRY ROOM

  • windows
  • clothes/laundry
  • trash
  • tub/toilet/sink
  • mirror
  • tops of washer & dryer
  • fronts of washer & dryer
  • floors
  • shelves in laundry

HALLWAYS

  • clothes/toys/books
  • top of dresser
  • Goodwill things hauled off
  • ladder to basement
  • pictures
  • floors
  • trash

MASTER BATHROOM

  • tub/toilet/sink
  • counter top
  • mirror
  • shelf
  • windows
  • walls
  • floor
  • trash

GIRLS' BEDROOM

  • bed
  • dresser
  • clothes
  • toys
  • trash
  • closet
  • toy box
  • floor

OLDEST'S BEDROOM

  • clothes
  • toys
  • books
  • desk
  • bookshelf
  • dresser
  • closet
  • hutch
  • bed
  • floor
  • trash

MASTER BEDROOM

  • bed
  • under bed
  • dresser (mine)
  • dresser (DH's)
  • top of my guncabinet
  • top of DH's gun cabinet
  • my closet
  • DH's closet
  • my nightstand
  • DH's nightstand
  • bookshelf
  • clothes
  • books
  • trash
  • Goodwill items hauled off
  • windows
  • blinds
  • fan
  • floor

Well, that's eery room in my house. Only 3 of them should take more than one day to complete, and that's my room, the oldest's room, and maybe the kitchen. If I work steady each day, I should be able to get them done fairly quickly though. Some of the rooms should take less than one day to do, in which case I may be able to get more than one done in a day. I am going to try to get on here each day to update on what I've managed to get done. I have 23 days! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I broke down my home into 8 different areas as well. Then, I decided that some of the areas shouldn't take very much effort to keep up so I combined a few. That way I can take one day each week to do extras in a room and work through the entire house each week. Area 1, Kitchen and laundry area, 2, office, dining room and den, 3, hallway, entry way and main bath, 4, children's room, 5, Master bed and bath (doesn't take much work here, but want to do some extras in both to add some romance). Good luck and let me know how it's going.
    Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nessa! I'm thinking about combining my youngest girls' room and the hallways. Both aren't very much, and that would bring me down to 7 areas. Since we have started the Kitchen Zone this week, what I may do is 15 minutes in there each day, and then do a 5 minute room rescue in each of the other areas each day to help me along. I know I HAVE to get the WHB done each week from now on! DH is complaining about all the dog hair that is sheding everywhere! LOL

    ReplyDelete